Tuesday, July 1, 2014

So, as I said, we thought we could afford a dog. I began to read the ads because I did not want a d


We were now retired and began to toy with the idea of getting a dog. The dog, of course, is much more demanding of the cat: you have to have more time, because he needs to go for long walks several times a day so I could not take it until both my husband had to go to work. Now I was free to do so.
The board: that wonderful finish! Finally, I could enjoy my life, I could do what I liked the most, I could feel truly free. I remember that, for the first month, not even we put the alarm clock in the morning. We got up when we were fed to sleep. Then we realized that we were losing the whole morning, since there never woke up before or ten. Between shower and breakfast, came almost noon and practically lived only half a day. So we headed back to the usual alarm clock, but putting it to an hour more comfortable.
I must confess that at the time of retirement, did not know how I would deal with the fact that you have so many hours to be with Joseph, we would continue to get along? Until that time, most of the day we spent at work and in the end we had yes and no six hours a day of life in common, since we had to use the other eight hours to sleep. The period of leave, then, was every time a sort of honeymoon, as did the little trips, visiting other countries, however, and we knew that we would then returned to business as usual. Our marriage would stand up to retirement? I do not say that I was worried, but I thought about it ..... Luckily, everything went well! And here I am, fifteen years after our retired, chatting with you, while Joseph is taking a walk the "furry children".
So, as I said, we thought we could afford a dog. I began to read the ads because I did not want a dog bought: I wanted a dog that was in need of us. The newspaper of the television programs I bought ever there was a whole page dedicated to cats and dogs looking for adoption. or I found one day a call for a nine year old female dog that had been abandoned as a child and had lived all his life in a kennel. Nine years is a long, but I tried to convince Joseph to pick her up, saying that at least we could give away a few years in the family! In the ad it said it was good-natured and of average size. I called the number listed and they told me that they had already placed, but they had many other dogs to adopt. I replied that I called only because of pity from the situation described for the dog, but my interlocutor remarked that I had other cases pitiful and motioned me to a dog from them tentatively called or "Spino" because he was among the ancestors have a Spinone, now had six months, but when he was a pup in just two months, while wandering stray in the street had been bitten or by a pit bull. Some of the willing had brought him to the vet and he had been put there - between interior and exterior - over 100 points! He was then cared for and was now at a volunteer who hosted him at his home with his hairy, because the other guests in the kennel, smelling blood and wounds, assailed him, indeed "the" attacked because was a female, of average size. Obviously, I was moved by this story very much and I told him my husband. "But walking," asked Joseph worried.
We decided to go and see it. The house was situated in the voluntary outskirts of Rome, along an avenue with a terrible traffic where it was almost impossible to find a parking space. I climbed alone, while Joseph was looking for the place. When I entered the small house where Totta (as it later became his name) was housed, I saw meet a dog that seemed huge, with long black hair and black legs and beige. It was more like a bear than a dog. "But or I thought it was smaller size!" Exclaimed in dismay. "But look, lady, this is the average size. I told you it was an average size! "He or was right: after some time, I read that the medium sized dogs can weigh up to 40 pounds, as well as become large in size and Totta, or as could be detected after some time, he weighed 'just' 28 pounds. Meanwhile Totta, after having or looked for a long time, hugged me: yes, exactly stood up on its hind legs with paws clasped in front of me life. I was shocked because I did not expect such a reception. In the meantime, my husband came and Totta 'embraced' too: we had adopted. "The gift also the leash," said the volunteer to try to convince or us, but now there was no longer needed. To get off we went up the stairs, "No - we said the Lady - Spino

No comments:

Post a Comment