Friday, October 4, 2013

Splinters in a grain with a jug full of nut coffee and the smell of baked Granny Smiths front of a


by Gus on Oct 30th, 2008 Tweet
Carapace 6 - aka Carapace issue 71 - was launched last night at Rust-en-Vrede in Bellville. A great turnout, and some terrific, very funny readings. Two poems that drew great Applause: Straight literary outrage
I want to Verlaine, Fryer want to Sexton and Gert Vlok Nel I consider fishing I make you Gorter loose pull out your van Broekhuizen mo my hand sepamla your phil other and water meyer Achebe I'll Weideman your fingertips find my tt Cloete smooth and soft as waterfall my Pushkin is honey and velvet kirsch rose bud Blum Jan. flower and kelkblaar I'm Nat Nakasa my nose rich Hattingh your skin finger and lip explore Eybers your woordfoël I Chekov your high wood you Stockenström your lina spear your Gustav your mandelstam your Tolstoy your shakespeare your hoornik I'd Balzac, Holst your boutens Vondel we do the Opperman the moment you hesitate on the Brink will I extended and paarrym delay for when you ingrid inside my wopko and I hope you Nijhoff slowly I began almost immediately ee cummings and will last for a half hour to keep Komrij when you Sartre enjambement vibrates I like a tuning fork while like a Pannevis an exposed vein in the night sky then depart all Allende I krige chicken and will Huygens Yeats and Joyce and probably a bit Heilna Heese bellow and Proust even Belcher and pope teruglê against the Cussons and my Hooft against your chest koestler
Our Father in Heaven gives us even in this millennium we deserved ice-century our eighteenth ice age so we do not daily plastiekverpakte food at Woolworths and the delusion of unblemished fruits and vegetables shake space age creatures that we can not our daily aspirin in healthy stone kneusplekkies, mo balled and worm. Deliver us from Woolworths smooth tjerries, their snipperige parcels for Father, do you think we have a turkey hatching.
Andries Bezuidenhout Gerrit Brand, Corné Coetzee, Toast Coetzer, Jan de Bruyn, Mia de Jager, mo Annelie the Act, Thérèse Fensham, Jeanne Goosen, Lucille Greeff, Gravity Grundling Ronelda S Camphor, Katvrou, Hunter Kennedy, Riku Lätti, mo Danie Marais mo Lionel Murcott, Ronel Nel Jansie Potgieter Liezel Jones Heigers, Gerhard Rasch, Carina Stander, Deborah Steinmair, mo Andre van Vuuren
With soft ropes I will give you my blue and with one under each arm we'll walk through the night I will comfort mo you with my radula on a track we will lay triune cozy and forever waiting on the Trans Karoo
Splinters in a grain with a jug full of nut coffee and the smell of baked Granny Smiths front of a hot stove, I remember my grandmother's bontrok I remember mo how I choke when I say that I never such a dress would wear I remember mo branikels and sorrel an Meester mo of a farm school cane called Listen my frog eyes and how I always second or last in the relay ended, I think back to a grain filled apple wood and how I tried the tree heal after hours of frustrated tried I could just wipe my tears and wood chips out of my dirty hands.
Cats: English, Feature, Poetry, South Africa Tags: Andre van Vuuren, Andries Bezuidenhout, Annelie the Act, Carapace Carapace 71, Carapace Slug Award Carina Stander, Corne Coetzee Danie Marais, Deborah Steinmair, Poetry, Severity Grundling Events, Feature, Gerhard Rasch, Gerrit Brand, Hugh Hodge, Hunter Kennedy, Jan de Bruyn, Jansie Potgieter, Jeanne mo Goosen carapace, mo carapace mo 6, Katvrou, Liezel Jones Heigers, Lionel Murcott, Lucille Greeff, Mia de Jager, Poeisie Poetry, Riku Lätti, Ronel Nel, Ronelda S Camphor, Rust en Vrede, South Africa, Therese Fensham, Toast Coetzer
Please register or log in to comment
Recent Posts entrapment Culture Clash Four from Carapace mo 82 - "Not Goodbye" by Akwe Amosu - and Carapace 83 On martyrdom: a poem Launch of Akwe Amuso's Not Goodbye at Kalk Bay Books
Popular Books LIVE - Carapace Tags Damian Garside mo Events Finuala mo Dowling Gail Dendy Gus Ferguson Haiku, Hugh Hodge Ingrid de Kok Jane Fox John Simon Mangaliso W Buzani Misc Moira Lovell Mzi Mahola News Poetry Belgium Steve Shapiro Sue Clark Tim Volem


No comments:

Post a Comment