Thursday, October 3, 2013

Marieks My name is Hendrika Maria Archibald. Most people call me Marietjie.


Gus blowing tasty, and the captain's order is clearly: "Harness the sails!" Who am I to argue and our team genoa and mainsail. And we go 5 to 6 knots. Everywhere there are yachts on the water, you see only white sails ball in the wind.
Gus is stronger and our "reef" the genoa (sail smaller). There are swells on the water, but to Albania, they look quite small. Gus started shaking and we pulled the genoa. We only sail with the mainsail, still as 4 knots.
In Griekekand there a rope laid out for mooring. christy mack Instead, you throw anchor, reverse straight back to the dock with your own cords. You should be well planned when and where you cast anchor. We have no experience of it and Gus blowing strongly, which makes everything more difficult. There are not many open places, but at least we get a place. I started anchor cast, but the wind was blowing us off course and I go again. Arch I get the direction right and throw again. Arch reverse and happily put another boat one hand at the ropes and after an argument with Gus, bite the anchor and we are close enough to the dock to see.
Halo You! You getting all very adept at seilery, learn something new every now and then. I think Gus can be quite difficult in the new way of dock. Ex glad you are now calmer. Enjoy the mainland. love Elize xx Reply Delete
Marieks My name is Hendrika Maria Archibald. Most people call me Marietjie. 'Some call me Marieks. I was a teacher but always wanted to be a native, became gypsy or a Celt. Be careful what you wish for! Now I'm a canvas gypsy ... View my complete profile
2013 (139) October (3) September (25) August (28) Lygia. Day 126 Gaios - the next day. Day 125. Gaios. Day 124. Gaios. Day 124. Waves Dance. Day 123. Platarias. christy mack Day 122. Petriti. Day 121. Palaiokastritsa. Day 120 We own fort. Dag119 Beautiful Greece! Day 118. No words. Dag116 Taksi to Berat. Day 115 Thank goodness! Day 113. Tirana. christy mack Day 112 Durrës. Day 111. Long day 110 Bar. Day 108 Budva. Day 106, 107. Sing seaman. Day 105. Montenegro tomorrow. Day 103, 104. Goodbye Croatia. Day 103 Cavtat. christy mack Day 102. Visit people. Day 101 hundred days. Day 100. Ston. Day 99 Odysseus. Day 98. Pomena again. Day 97 Trstenik. Day 96. July (22) June (18) May (23) April (18) March (2)


No comments:

Post a Comment