Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013 (139) March (2) April (18) May (23) June (18) July (22) Korcula. Day 64 and 65. Po


The night was great calm. We will leave early because silver winds from 08:00 predicts, 11:00 little stronger and strong wind from 14:00. The strongest wind will be at night. We update our route planning accordingly. We should 12:00 Przina on Korcula Island, we anchor bay.
We get all of early wind, but well just behind and sail safely and quickly. 11:00 started swinging it stronger and Gus started slowly but surely to the sea. At 12:00 am duinings nearly dunes. We pull the sails in for Gus snatch him up to 20 knots from time to time.
Przina is not safe and it feels like we're still on the sea do because Gus waved to Maja parallel silver with the duinings and we tilt sideways, up and down. Almost like when we fared Cavtat to Montenegro with only one difference-blowing Gus!
Of the other yachts seek other berth and leave the bay one by one. I tell Archie I would not survive, because it will get worse. Now we must choose between the extremely unpleasant anchor and the raging sea. Archie said we drive. Racisce Bay, near Lumbarda Marina silver is just around silver the corner, doing so 45 min.
Gus blows. Where the hell he gets all the blow from, I do not know. The sea is great. I tell Archie I do not want the sea, and he shouted: "SING!" And I sing Jabulani Africa. It helps. Fortunately, the waves and the wind from behind, so we left them nose first. I once dared to look how big they are and quickly looked away and sang louder.
Then we had to round the bend. For a while we parallel to the sail duinings. Archie just shouted at me: "Hold silver on!" And I hold fast. We come by and the headwind. It blows with all his might and violence in our faces. There are not duinings, just seesprei and wind.
Archie says we should not be here. But we are and we should. In my only change I just hope that is not the dreaded Bora. It's a north wind. The sea spread water over Maja, in our faces and weakens our sight. Archie should concentrate because there are shallow areas that we should avoid. I read the card without my glasses.
There a few other yachts straining against the wind with us and so we come to Lumbarda Marina. It's silver almost no wind and we can take a breath. The man they are full and we are right next door, at Racisce anchor. We go there and it's full, because it's late, I think it was just after 16:00. Everyone is looking for shelter. Nobody wants to be on the sea.
We are relieved. We are safe. The evening winds blowing their predicted and Gus with new zeal. We blow too close to the boat behind us and 23:30 pulled our anchor and throw again. It's dark and Gus blows, but we cast anchor.
Gus let for Maya support and crack and groan and I do watch on deck. The squalls while and picking up us. There is consternation in the bay. Gus blows hunts among their anchors and every now and you hear an anchor, and then at night, in a throw oorvolbaai. On all the boats do a lone dark figure the vigil. I lay all night on the deck. Gus was blowing all night, just have not stopped.
It was night, literally and figuratively, silver and when it finally day. Archie decided to stay the day here at Racisce and we rest. I really want to sleep. We walk 13:00 Lumbarda. This is the village where the marina. If you go over the hill walking, you come to Przina, which is really a popular swimming sandy beach. We walk in the blazing sun between vines, brambles and olive groves. The sea is much calmer today. Way to Przina
Halo You! Thanks for the congratulations. Gus could become horribly upset. It must be scary to be on the water. Fortunately keep Archie good head and always bring you safely to your destination. I, hope calmer winds follow, and I must say, le winds are the best for me. Love Elize xx Reply Delete
Marieks My name is Hendrika Maria Archibald. Most people call me Marietjie. 'Some call me Marieks. I was a teacher but always wanted to be a native, became gypsy or a Celt. Be careful what you wish for! Now I'm a canvas gypsy ... View all my profile
2013 (139) March (2) April (18) May (23) June (18) July (22) Korcula. Day 64 and 65. Pomena, silver Miljet. Day 66 Sudurad and Dubrovnik. Day 67 and 68 Special edition!!! Day 69 Lastovo and Tri Luke. Day 70 and 71 Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10 Fish surprise. Day 72 U. Stari Trogir, Primosten. silver Day 73, 74 Sibenik, Prvic. Day 75, 76 The role of U. Gnal. Day 77. Gloomy Sunday. Day 78 and 79 Only borrow borrow. Day 80 and 81 School! silver Day 82 Balvanida. Day 83. Losinj. Day 84, 85 Always anchor. Day 86 Lucina and Hiljaca. Day 87 88 Dolfyndag. Day 89 Miracle. Day 90 Sesula and Vis.Dag 91, 92, 93 Sesula Fish and Kosirina. Day 91, 92, 93 Racisce.Dag 94 and 95 August (28) &

No comments:

Post a Comment